Wednesday, June 19, 2019

WEEK NINETY FIVE - HONORARY TRIATHLETE

Hello!

We did some awesome stuff this week, the coolest of which definitely has to be volunteering at the Chinook Classic triathlon. A bunch of companionships from our zone were asked to help out at the event, and we did a lot. I ended up directing our crew of volunteers, even though I've never done or even been to a triathlon before. Elder Bastian and I ran (literally) around all over the place helping out with the aid stations and organizing things! It was super fun, and made me really want to race at home. I got a free running shirt from one of the race sponsors, and an extra bag for putting shoes in. Also some fancy energy chews for exercise they were handing out to the athletes that they had extras of. Free stuff is cool.

Of course, there was some good missionary opportunities at the race too! We talked with a couple other volunteers, and we shared a little bit more with them about our purpose as missionaries. They were all really impressed, and we gave out a few pass-along cards!

The other cool thing that happened this week happened yesterday! We went tracting in the afternoon, even though it's not the time most people are usually at home. After a few streets of nobody being home, and feeling a little frustrated that we weren't feeling very directed by the Spirit, we felt like we should knock on a certain street. The first door we knocked on was Jano! We asked if there was anything we could do to help them, and he just mentioned they have a neighbor who curses a lot, and he's annoyed that his kids have to hear it. He said that he doesn't really know how he feels about God, and that he hasn't really had time to sit down and think about it. We asked if he would be interested in us sharing our belief in God with him, and he said yes! He said weekends work best, and gave us his phone number. We're planning on teaching him and hopefully the rest of his family this weekend! It was definitely a miracle.

I don't have much time, but I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder DeWitt
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK ONE HUNDRED FOUR - THERE AND BACK AGAIN

"I wish to make this request: that the Elders who return from missions consider themselves just as much on a mission here as in Engl...