"I wish to make this request: that the Elders who return from
missions consider themselves just as much on a mission here as in
England or in any other part of the world.
...When he has been at home a week, a month, a year, or ten years, the spirit of preaching and the spirit of the Gospel ought to be within him like a river flowing forth to the people in good words, teachings, precepts, and examples.
Come home with your heads up. Keep yourselves clean, from the crowns of your heads to the soles of your feet; be pure in heart.
Those faithful Elders who have testified of this work to thousands of people on the continents and islands of the seas will see the fruits of their labors, whether they have said five words or thousands. They may not see these fruits immediately, and perhaps, in many cases, not until the Millennium; but the savor of their testimony will pass down from father to son." -Brigham Young
We had a good week this
week, full of finding, teaching, skunk traps, and a really fun zoo trip!
(The zoo trip is unrelated to the skunk trap.) We haven't found anyone
new to teach, but Pearly is continuing to make great progress! She told
us that nothing can stop her at this point from her decision to be
baptized.
If you've had it marked on your
calendar like my mom has, you'll probably notice that it's time for me
to come home. It's a lot like being a kid playing at the park all day
with your friends. There's some whining and protest when mom comes over
and tells you it's time to go home, but once she tells you what's for
dinner, you'll gladly go. Of course, you'd still rather play at the
park, but like mom says, there's always tomorrow. Always a new
adventure, a new game to play, a new friend to make. I'll remember these
two years as one of those idyllic "days in the park", while looking
forward with faith to tomorrow.
President
Monson said, "This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and
now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is
brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among
the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the
earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and
what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things
pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when
you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in
the journey—now.
Despite the changes which
come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our
days—as much as we can—with those things which matter most. May we
cherish those we hold dear and express our love to them in word and in
deed."
I know God lives. I know that Jesus
Christ is the Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. This is
His church. He's lead it before, and He leads it today. I love Him, and I
thank Him every day for His many, many blessings He has given to me.
I testify of Him and I always will, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Collin Russell DeWitt




No comments:
Post a Comment