I keep saying it, but it's still true! Time is
going by SO fast. So fast that I can hardly even think of what happened
this week. I didn't take any notes, so I'm going by the our daily
planner.
We stopped by quite a few people this
week, and we were really hoping to pick up some new investigators.
Unfortunately, we weren't able to start teaching anybody, but we're
hoping this week will be better! The lady I mentioned a few weeks ago
who asked us for a Book of Mormon and set an appointment with us to come
back, called us to cancel our appointment and tell us that she's fine
with her church. That was disappointing, but hopefully we can talk to
her and figure it out.
On Sunday we had our
"Come and See" fireside with all of the missionaries in Calgary. It went
super well, and I may or may not have cried about seven times. We
invited a bunch of people to come, but most of them weren't able to make
it, except for Samadi! He's from Tajikistan, and he was very excited to
get a Book of Mormon and come to church! He came to the fireside, but
he had to leave before we could talk to him a little more. We're hoping
to start teaching him more soon!
We did a bunch
of service for some members in the ward on Monday. We had district
council in the morning, which was great, and then headed over to the
Choy's. We did some yard work, which was great and reminded me a lot of
home. After that, we helped move some enormous concrete columns buried
in the ground of another house. It was pretty fun, and also pretty
exhausting.
We also got haircuts today, so that was awesome.
Love you all! Have a great week!
Elder DeWitt
![]() |
| Our district gang sign |
![]() |
| Our district, sans gang sign. (Left to right: Sister Bateman, Sister Barrow, me, Elder Gregory, Sister Fetters, and Sister Kamaradova) |
![]() |
| Digging out the enormous concrete pillars. I fell over because the shovel didn't cooperate. |
![]() |
| I taught Elder Gregory how to make Tim Tam slams with some real imported Australian Tim Tams. Thanks to Elder Francia. |




No comments:
Post a Comment