Wednesday, November 14, 2018

WEEK SIXTY FOUR - THE REST OF THE STORY

Hello!

A long time ago (in the 70's), there was a man named Paul Harvey who had a radio program called "The Rest of the Story". He would tell interesting stories, sometimes about famous people, and at the very end would say, "And now you know the rest of the story." My grandpa has a whole book full of Paul Harvey's stories at the ranch in New Mexico, and I'm pretty sure I read the whole thing one day. So, in my best impression of Paul Harvey, I will now tell you the rest of the story...

Elder Guymon started his mission in Calgary, specifically in the 13th and Coventry Wards. Coincidentally, that is also where I started my mission. So as soon as I found that out, I asked TONS of questions about investigators, recent converts, and members to see how they were all doing. From what he said, it didn't sound like much had changed. Bishop Lootens and Bishop Tatlow were still the bishops of the wards, and they still drove that beautiful Subaru Impreza. There was one particular person I asked him about, who I hadn't heard from in months. He told me that this person was attending church regularly, and participating in church activities. This person is still great friends with the members of the ward, and is continuing to learn and grow in the gospel. I was SO happy to hear that, since I was transferred about two days before he was baptized. I didn't have his email address or anything, so I haven't had any contact with him since he and Brother Irigoyen came and visited me in Cochrane.

Sasha is doing great! And now you know the rest of the story.

It probably wasn't nearly as exciting for you to hear as it was for me, but it made me very happy.

This week was a regular old week of missionary work! Brother Banman gave us a referral to go visit a lady named Suzie who said that she loved meeting with the missionaries, and wanted us to come over! She used to be a member of the FLDS church in Utah, but has since "escaped". We went over to her house, and set an appointment to meet with her on Saturday! Also, Brother and Sister Gorham apparently have a bunch of potential referrals for us, that they're working on as well! Things are going awesome. We have appointments set with potential investigators every day until Sunday!

So, we set Chelsea's baptismal date for November 3rd, but because of how last transfer worked out with the three person companionship, we didn't have enough time to meet with her and so we've had to postpone that. We're meeting with her on Friday, and that will be the first time we'll have seen her since midway through last transfer. I've been really anxious to get back to teaching her, so hopefully we can pick up where we left off and get her to baptism!

There weren't any particularly interesting stories from this week, so I hope you'll forgive me for that. It has snowed this week though, and been really cloudy and cold some days which was a major bummer. But, it all melted again, and we're snow free for a few more days! The sun came out two days in a row, which was fantastic.

Love you all! Have a great week.

Me and the snow

Me and the snow, again

The snow can't deter these free range Canadian chickens from looking for food. (I can't believe I found this picture interesting enough to send home.)

Please email me if you get a free moment! I love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK ONE HUNDRED FOUR - THERE AND BACK AGAIN

"I wish to make this request: that the Elders who return from missions consider themselves just as much on a mission here as in Engl...