Tuesday, October 16, 2018

WEEK SIXTY - UT AND ME

We had our zone conference on Friday in Cranbrook with the the B.C. zone. Normally we would get together with three zones to have a zone conference, but since the B.C. zone is so spread out, President Keung decided that it would be better if we did a conference just for our zone instead. We were sitting down for lunch and I looked around at all the missionaries. Out of the twelve missionaries that make up our zone, ALL of them are from Utah, except me and Elder Darrington from Australia. Usually there's at least a few more people from other states, but I guess what B.C. needed was some more "UT".

This week wasn't very exciting, except for the zone conference and then stake conference on Saturday and Sunday. We went to the leadership session on Saturday as well as the adult session, so that was in total a whopping 12 straight hours of instruction. It was really great though! At zone conference, Sister Keung asked me to learn to play a song on the piano for an upcoming mission-wide fireside. The only problem with that is that there is no sheet music for it, and she wants me to learn it by ear. It's going to take a lot of practice, but hopefully it turns out. It's a cool song with a LOT of jazz chords, so it'll be fun to play.

We were going to meet with Chelsea yesterday, but she had to reschedule because her dog was getting put down. But, she rescheduled for tomorrow, so that's good! We're hoping to put her on date for baptism on our next visit, so that should be great! I'll let you all know how it goes next week.

Dani is going in for her back surgery this week, so she'll be gone for at least a month if everything goes perfectly, and then be home for another six months of recovery. So we won't be hearing from her for a while... Sad, but she's finally getting her back fixed, so that's good.

So Elder Snyder has been struggling with some health problems, and is going home this week. I'll miss him, and I'm not sure what's going to happen to me after he leaves. I could either get put in a three person companionship, or become what's referred to as a "social media missionary". That would be a little scary, since nobody has any idea how to do that. We have two or three social media missionaries now in the mission, and they've all just started on that this transfer. We'll see what happens...

Yesterday Elder Snyder was feeling terrible, but was a real trooper and came with me to go tract. I knocked the door and talked to the person, and he stood and looked presentable. It helped me polish my tracting skills real quick. We've done that a few times, since he hasn't been feeling well a lot. But yesterday we found a lady named Amber that said we could come back! It was awesome! She was heading out the door when we talked to her, but she said she's generally available in the mornings and afternoons, which is perfect because that's when we're available too. We're always available to teach new people. Always.

Nothing else to report, but I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder DeWitt
Me at the top of Mount Thompson this last p-day

Me and Elder Snyder hiking down from a mountain. I've missed hiking! It was great to go.

At the top of the trailhead

At the top of Mount Thompson


A view down into the valley from the top of Mount Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK ONE HUNDRED FOUR - THERE AND BACK AGAIN

"I wish to make this request: that the Elders who return from missions consider themselves just as much on a mission here as in Engl...