We did a lot of driving this week. We had to drive in to Calgary,
which is a 306 mile drive. But we were able to hear from Elder Gerrit W.
Gong, which made it all worth it! He was accompanied by Elder L.
Whitney Clayton and Elder S. Gifford Nielsen, and they spoke to us as
well. It was awesome! Elder Nielsen talked to us about being "all in"
with our missionary service, and how important being a missionary is.
Elder Gong talked about lots of things and we were able to go up and
shake his hand, which was awesome! It was a cool experience, and well
worth the long drive.
We went on exchanges with
our zone leaders since I'm the district leader, which was really cool.
These zone leaders are probably the best I've had, since they work hard
and are good examples to the other missionaries. I was with Elder Hale
for the day. He's a really great guy, and we like a lot of the same
things, and have similar personalities. I would love to be companions
with him at some point! We did a lot of good work during the day, and we
FOUND SOMEONE TO TEACH.
Her name is Chelsea.
She's
24, and has a husband and three kids. We knocked on her door, and after
I delivered a pretty terrible door approach, she let us in to teach her
the first discussion! We taught her about the Restoration, and gave her
a copy of the Book of Mormon, and she said that we could come back the
next Wednesday (tomorrow) to teach the next lesson! It was really cool,
and I think it's been a boost for me, my companion, and the ward to have
faith that there are people to find and teach!
Elder
Hale is a pretty awesome missionary because he talks to everyone no
matter what. We went to lunch at the Creston Bakery (got a reuben
sandwich that was amazing) and he started up a conversation with the
cashier. She was really nice, and said that she would be interested in
meeting with us sometime! We haven't heard anything back from her yet,
but hopefully that works out soon! Her name is Mollie.
President
Keung (our mission president) printed out some "I'm a Mormon"
pass-a-long cards to take with him when he was called as a mission
president. He got them customized with his picture on them and
everything! But, when he heard about the Church getting away from the
"Mormon" nickname, he made some modifications. I took a picture for your
viewing pleasure.
Love you all! Hope you have a great week!
Elder DeWitt
![]() |
| The road back from Calgary on the way to Lethbridge. We have to head to Lethbridge again on Wednesday for a district leader training. |
![]() |
| Me and Elder Johnson |
![]() |
| President Keung's modified pass-a-long card |





No comments:
Post a Comment