Tuesday, August 7, 2018

WEEK FIFTY - LAZLO RETURNS

He found us.

I don't know if you remember Lazlo, but Elder Allan and I accidentally bumped into him, and he ranted to us for a little bit about the Church and told us some of his own ideas.

We were walking around downtown, and I heard a bike coming up behind us. I moved out of the way, but the bike stopped and I recognized Lazlo.

ME: "Hey! Long time no see! Lazlo right?"
LAZLO: *nods* "So you guys are STILL out here doing your...ministry thing?!"

I noticed the Mike's Harder in his hand at this point and realized he was pretty drunk. (Mike's Hard is some sort of alcohol with lemonade in it. Mike's Harder is the same thing, but with more of the alcohol in it. I'm not sure why I know that.)

ME: "Yeah, we're still out here."
LAZLO: "Are you guys *bleep* serious?! You call yourselves elder?! I'm thirty five! I'm an elder!"

If you're 35 and you think you're an elder, you're really drunk.

He told us all about how the "red thing" (the sun) we saw in the sky a few days ago was some alternate universe and Planet X or Naboo (from Star Wars?) was orbiting the earth in an oval and we were all going to die in three years. Then he told us about our "cult" and told us to "get out of the cult". Then he said something about how we're all cattle and he is waking everybody up to the truth.

Super cool guy.

Good news! We taught Richard the Plan of Salvation on Wednesday! Bad news, Richard's wife brought a minister over when she heard that he had met with us, and then ripped into him and told him not to meet with us. Richard told us about that when we met with him. I was pretty sure that meant that we were done teaching him. But, he said that he was still really interested in meeting with us and reading the Book of Mormon, so he said he would call us back when things "cooled off". I'm not sure how long that will be, but I'm really hoping that it's soon.

Here in Canada, they love their long weekends. In fact, they love them so much that when there isn't one in the month, they invent a holiday so that there is a long weekend. This month's day off is called "August Long Weekend". It's actual name is "Civic Holiday", but that doesn't sound very good.

We got a new car! It's a blue 2018 Nissan Rogue. It's probably going to be the only brand new car I'll drive in my life, so I've got to enjoy it while I'm still here.

Transfers are on August 16th, and I'm really hoping I get transferred! Cochrane is nice, but I've been here for six months... I'll have to start tracting the whole area over again if I stay another transfer.

I was studying a talk on selflessness the other day, and the phrase "thou, thee, and thine, not I, me, and mine" popped into my head. When we're thinking selfishly, we're thinking in terms of "I, me, and mine." When we're thinking in terms of the Lord's will, we're using the pronouns "thou, thee, and thine." Remember to keep God's will first, and you'll see that you're happier and more blessed than if you think of yourself.

Love you all! Hope you have a fantastic week!
Elder DeWitt

PICTURES
1) Just kidding there are no pictures. Sorry everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK ONE HUNDRED FOUR - THERE AND BACK AGAIN

"I wish to make this request: that the Elders who return from missions consider themselves just as much on a mission here as in Engl...