Well! We have picked up quite a few new people to teach!
A
man from Oregon named Olivier moved up here this week and needs the new
member lessons. He was baptized a week ago, and is a really nice guy.
He won't be staying in the ward permanently, because of some strange
immigration rules. He's from Cameroon originally, got a green card to
the United States, and is applying for Canadian citizenship. He's a very
nice guy!
We were looking through our area book and
we came across Cheryl, Emma, and Jaxon, who were investigating, but said
they weren't interested anymore. I was on exchanges with Elder Horne
this week, and we stopped by to ask them why they stopped meeting with
the missionaries, and to see if they would be interested again. The mom
turned to the girl and said, "Emma, what do you think?" She responded,
"Uhhhhhh...I donno sure!" It was really surprising, but we will start
teaching them again!
The next day, Elder
Jenkins and I went tracting. My favorite. After knocking on a lot of
doors, a nice guy opened the door. We talked to him for a little bit,
and asked to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon. He said that he
had seen missionaries around before, and that he would like to meet with
us! We set up a meeting with him on Thursday. His name is Merv. So, sometimes tracting does work after all!
The weeks go by really fast and we try to keep busy! Transfers are on December 7th,
so I'll be getting a new companion and possibly a new area...I've
really liked everything here, but a change will be pretty exciting!
I love you all! Talk to you next week!
Elder DeWitt
| Hiding from the snowstorm |
| Me |
| A member bought us Little Caesars. I forgot what it tasted like after three months. It tastes the same in Canada as it does in the States. |
| Me and Elder Horne |
No comments:
Post a Comment