Yesterday, we woke up to a
blizzard. No, my fellow Arizonans, not a Dairy Queen blizzard. One of
those windy outside blizzards that make your nose feel numb. It was
actually pretty fun! It wasn't very deep snow though, so I haven't
learned how to make a snowball yet. But I have learned to wear gloves.
Those are definitely required.
Conference was
amazing! It really did feel different without President Monson there,
but it was still fantastic. Everybody always talks about hearing a talk
that was just for them, and I finally got "my talk"! Elder Evans talked
about patience in the priesthood session. Patience is just the theme of
my mission apparently! He talked a lot about the same things that
President Monson talked about in the last conference, especially about
reading the Book of Mormon, and having daily study and prayer.
Conference
is just better as a missionary! And not just because you're more
focused. You get to watch conference at member's houses, and depending
on the members, you get treated reaaaaally well. Like the member
unexpectedly busts out a legit stormtrooper suit! AND LETS YOU WEAR IT. I
know. Pretty awesome. Elder Jenkins also decided to wear a penguin
onesie for the Saturday
morning session. Not as cool as the stormtrooper though. And the
Michelini's told us that they would take us to Banff next p-day if the
weather is good! I'm super excited for that!
We
picked up a new investigator named Prince. Not the artist formerly
known as Prince, but Prince from Ghana. He's pretty cool, but also
really busy. Just like all our other investigators. ._. We get cancelled
on a lot. So many investigators, so little appointments. Oh well! We
keep doing our missionary thing!
Love you all! Talk to you next week!
Elder DeWitt
| Me and the snow. I normally wear a coat, but I wanted to look brave for the picture. |
| Elder Waddles (Elder Jenkins in disguise) |
| The snow. |
| Me as a stormtrooper. Looks pretty good on me huh? |
No comments:
Post a Comment